Voltage regulator is also called thyristor power regulator and power regulator.
1. Working principle of voltage regulator
The voltage regulator is an adjustable self-coupling transformer structure, and the carbon brush of the voltage regulator relies on the handwheel spindle And the function of brush holder. The coil is evenly wound on the annular iron core. The carbon brush closely matches the polished surface of the coil under the action of spring pressure. The rotating shaft drives the brush holder to slide the carbon brush along the coil surface, changing the contact position of the carbon brush, that is, changing the The turns ratio of the primary and secondary coils enables the output voltage to be smoothly and steplessly adjusted within the adjustment range, thereby achieving the purpose of voltage regulation.
2. How to wire the voltage regulator
1. Voltage regulators are divided into single-phase voltage regulators, three-phase voltage regulators, and single-phase voltage regulators. The A and X terminals of the three-phase voltage regulator are the input terminals, and the a and Star (Y-shaped) neutral point.
2. A newly installed voltage regulator or a voltage regulator that has not been used for a long time must be used with 500V megohms before operation. Otherwise, it should be heat-baked. Thermal drying treatment method generally adopts the electrified drying method or sending it to a drying room for drying. After drying, check whether the fasteners are loose and tighten them if they are loose.
3. The voltage regulator must be well grounded to ensure safety.
4. Parallel use is not allowed.
5. The input voltage value of this machine shall not exceed the rated voltage (i.e. 105% U rated input) to avoid burning out the machine or electrical appliances. When the machine is not in use, the output voltage should be adjusted to 0V, and cut off the input power.
6. The rated power supply of this voltage regulator is the maximum output current of the voltage regulator. The calculation method is as follows:
I2 : Rated output current; Imax: Maximum output current; P2: Rated capacity; Uomax: Maximum output voltage. When using, please note that the output current does not exceed the rated value. If there is a short-term overload, it cannot exceed the regulations, otherwise the life of the voltage regulator will be easily reduced. , or even burned.
7. When using, the handle should be rotated slowly and evenly to avoid brush damage or sparks.
8. The use of the voltage regulator should be checked frequently. If the brush is found to be excessively worn or damaged, the brush should be replaced with the same specification in time, and zero-size sandpaper should be used to pad the brush under the brush to rotate the hand. Count the number of rounds until the brush surface is smooth and in good contact before use. The replaced copper-graphite composite brush must meet the specifications.
9. The surface in contact between the coil and the brush should be kept clean at all times, otherwise it is easy to cause sparks and burn the coil surface. If black spots are found on the surface of the coil, wipe the surface with cotton gauze dipped in alcohol (90%) until the spots are removed.
10. The wires from the power supply to the voltage regulator, the voltage regulator to the load, and the wire terminal connectors should be in good contact and be able to pass the rated current of the voltage regulator.
11. Do not use handwheels when moving the voltage regulator. Instead, use the handle to lift and move the entire product.
12. When the regulator needs to be installed horizontally on the panel (only for unit voltage regulator structures) or installed vertically on other bases, the mounting holes of the voltage regulator base can be used to fix it.
13. The voltage regulator should be kept clean at all times. Water droplets, oil, etc. are not allowed to fall into the inside of the voltage regulator. The power should be cut off regularly to remove the dust accumulated inside.